Tuesday 22 June 2010

A plea to relive my childhood

Is it just me, but I want to relive my childhood, however this is not in the usual 'oh things were better and we had crispy pancakes back then...' sort of a way, but to try to resolve the times when I was anything but perfect -and I can assure you that there were plenty of them!


I know that we cannot always live perfectly, but I do remember far to many times when I was either a little sod or just missed opportunities by lacking the gumption to do things! Look I was the child who cried off cub scouts after two weeks because I was too shy. Just think of all of the toggles and camping I missed out on. (Actually, I did most of my Duke Of Edinburgh Awards scheme and did enough hiking and camping on cold mountain sides to tell me I wasn't missing much!)


I'm working on a sort of reverse 'bucket list' with all of the things I would never do if I had my time again. Now I know this is a total exercise in futility, but it passes the time! So, to present to the assembled crowd, here are just a few items for the list...


27. When Princess Anne told me to Fu*k Off I should have returned the favour.

  • This does sort of require some explanation, however to keep you on the edge of your virtual seats I am not going to provide it just yet!
37. I would not be encouraged to start an environmental group

  • it was a great idea and we even had a bank account for Earth Action, but it seemed that nobody in Surrey was all that interested at the time as we had no body turn up at the meetings and, to be honest, we were not very clear on how we were going to save the world.
42. I will never dance at weddings or Christmas parties


  • I was born to dance like your dad, I should save the world from the embarrassment. I guess that is why I ended up behind the wheels of steel rather than on the dance floor.
And there are so many things that people remind me off that just make me cringe... So, lets have a moratorium and for all those times I genuflect myself before you all and ask your forgiveness!

Now, where were the crispy pancakes...?

Wilf


No comments:

Post a Comment